top of page
  • Writer's pictureERSS

u15 Munster Minor Trophy

Quarter Final Result:

ERSS Carrick 3 - Coláiste Éamann Rís Cork 2

Our u15 soccer team are through to the semi-finals of the Munster Minor Trophy after a victory today over Coláiste Éamann Rís, Cork.

First half was a dominant performance both in attack and defense, with Coláiste Éamann Rís restricted to a handful of chances. Our first goal was scored inside the first 10 minutes – Manuel de la Cuevas Conde’s shot was blocked by the keeper and the rebound fell to Jamie Comerford, who placed the ball from a shot inside the box. We continued to attack, using our wings well, with Luke Raggett on the right and Manuel on the left. 15 minutes in, Luke crossed to Manuel and we were 2-0 up.

During the first half we had many attacking chances. Luke Raggett and Jay O’Gorman attacked down our right side and put many balls into the box, giving our No.9 Conor O’Meara a number of excellent chances.

Towards the end of the half we came under some threat, Jay O’Gorman clearing a ball off our line. Unfortunately a free kick for Cork was deflected into the goal and we finished the half 2-1.

We were forced into a change at half time, Jamie Comerford was replaced by Ethan Ryan as our No.10. Jamie had an excellent first half including a goal, but Ethan was up to the task of taking over.

We dominated much of the second half- we forced some good saves with shots from Dylan Walsh, Luke Raggett, Ethan Ryan and Conor O’Meara. Conor Quinn coming closest with a shot off the crossbar. Conor Norris and Zack Walsh cleared up a number of attacks from Cork's impressive No.9 but our centre back pairing looked confident at all times.

Coláiste Éamann Rís relied on free kicks for their threat, with Henry Kirby sweeping up many of their attempts from our goal. Against the run of play we conceded a second, with a counter attack ball bouncing awkwardly in the box.

We kept our heads and continued to attack as we had all match. Some great breaks created by Blake Wheeler from Left back and Jay O’Gorman from right back, and we were close to a winner on many occasions.

Archie Farrell provided some much needed fresh energy in attack. Our consistent pushing eventually paid off with the winner coming with 10 minutes to play. An exceptional ball from midfield from Conor Quinn, playing in Conor O’Meara for the winning goal.

Overall, a fantastic game to watch – very entertaining football played today. Well done, and we look forward to playing in a Munster Semi-Final.


Aidan Hanlon, Luke Raggett, Archie Farrell, Manuel de la Cuevas Conde, Blake Wheeler, Oran Shortiss Day, Cathal O’Brien, Reece Bourke, Conor Norris, Ronan O’Shea, Conor O’Meara, Ryan Jacob, Conor Quinn, Scott Wall, Dylan Walsh, Zack Walsh, Eoin Connolly, Ethan Ryan, Gavin Coady, Glenn Bompoh, Harry Farrell, Henry Kirby, Jack Walsh, Jamie Comerford, Jay O’Gorman

395 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page